1) Caffeine - with its stimulant effects - taken six hours before bedtime is likely to provide a disturbing effect on your sleep. Toavoid sleep disruption, try to restrict your caffeine consumption primary to the morning hours. The most effective time to have a cup of coffee is between 9:30 – 11:30 am. If you have a midday cup of coffee, make sure to drink it between 1:30 – 5:00 pm.
2) Drinking Coffee on an empty stomach stimulates the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the digestive tract. People prone to develop gastritis have a much faster reaction time resulting in more harm.This habit can increase the risk of developing gastric ulcers.Do not drink coffee on an empty stomach.
3) Caffeine has a diuretic effect so try to drink a glass of water with every cup of coffee you have. Coffee lovers with kidney disease should consult their doctor about the daily caffeine intake.
4) On hot days, avoid or drink fewer coffee to prevent heat stroke.
5) Do not drink coffee if you have gluten intolerance or coeliac disease. Lab research has revealed that 10% of coffee made up of protein that cross reacts with gluten antibodies. This means that there is a strong possibility that the protein in the coffee is causing the almost same gluten related health problems you are trying to avoid.